Thursday, January 20, 2011

Relaxation: A Visualization of Victory

Today is our first full day back in Calgary. After a brief workout in the hotel led by Coach Becca Sorenson, we did an exercise on relaxation and focus. The object of the exercise was to focus on the moment and achieve total relaxation of the body and mind. During this time, I felt it and I captured it; what it really means and feels like to have total relaxation - the empowerment and the freedom to achieve what you want to.

When I am relaxed, I see my concerns, frustrations and pains burst out of my body like fireworks, exploding then disintegrating to the ground; never to be pieced back together in their original form. They are no longer a part of me. I see myself standing atop the highest mountain peering down over the world. I am weightless, undefeatable and I have no fear.

Negative thoughts may return to me but I will not own them, I will let them go. I may make a mistake, I may lose a race but I will NOT defeat myself. I will always be in control, I will have no fear, I will always strive to be better than my best and this is how I win.



No comments:

Post a Comment