Friday, January 7, 2011

Last Week Before America's Cup Races #4 and #5

The second half of the season is underway and it certainly has started off quick. We're just wrapping up the final week of unofficial training before the Lake Placid America's Cup Races on the 13th and 14th of January. Throughout the week I've been testing different sleds and runners in attempts to be more competitive for the races. This task has proven to be more complicated and stressful than I anticipated. The transition to different equipment has not quick and smooth. As the week closes I think I have narrowed down my decision, on a sled at least. My goal was to have my equipment set before the start of Official Training next Monday to provide myself the peace of mind for good training runs. Many athletes test runners in official training to determine the most appropriate set for the predicted weather forecast and ice conditions on race day. So I will not be too concerned if I have not finalized a decision on runners prior to Monday, but another day more may create some anxiety. I have doubts as to whether or not I will adapt in the short period of time but I am hoping to close in on my personal record (pr) as the race approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment